lunes, 12 de julio de 2010

Frostbite & Shadowkiss (Vampire Academy Series)


Remember I said the story got me interested and looking forward to it? Ok, now it's turning into an obsession! So I read the second and third book back to back. So that's why I'm going to do things a bit different and will give a review of both books.

The story in Frostbite is all about royals being attacked by Strigoi ( by this point I totally get the mythology and the names of the vampires and non vampires). And this book takes us through the caos and fear of everyone hiding from the Strigoi and finding ways to protect them . We still have the frustration of the not-possible but very real love between Rose and Dimitri. We have some new characters introduced in this book and you can't help but feel attracted and intrigued by Adrian and love/hate Tasha and feel weird about Rose's mother.

The book is really good and it involves you emotionally and you find yourself going through the pages waiting for something to happen between Rose and Dimitri. This book is so much better than the first one and ends with an emotional cliffhanger and that is the reason why I went straight to the third book. I just couldn't wait.

When I got to Shadowkiss I found a different Rose, a more mature and grown up Rose but not a less impulsive one. I won't say why because that would just ruin the previous book. We find that being Lissa's guardian is taking a toll on her and she is having a hard time finding out what is real and what is not. The story takes us through another Strigoi attack and the dark mood in which she is finding herself more and more.

As I said, every book gets better than the one before that. Now, I am debating on going on with the series because as good as it is Shadowkiss shook me up emotionally! I'm a 29 year old married woman and when I finished this book I found myself crying! I couldn't believe it. I was crying and I did not want to read the next books because Richelle Mead made me invest so much emotion into the characters that I was very, very shaken. Now, a few days later, I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe I could read the fourth book and see how I feel little by little. I gotta admit to myself that I haven't been so shaken since Dumbledore died in Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince.

I gotta say that when I was done with the first book I did not think much of the series. I just liked it. When I finished the second book I was very much involved with the characters and rooting for Rose and Dimitri. When I was done with the third book I was in tears and considering this series one of my favorites. Maybe in my Top 5 of series.

Despite me suffering on the 3rd book I do encourage everyone that has not read the books to do that. Read them, get involved in the series. It is amazing how you find yourself loving the books little by little until it surprises you when you find out that you were more involved that you knew.

Go, get the books and enjoy.

Have a Fangtastic Tale!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario