miércoles, 7 de julio de 2010

Vampire Academy 1 (Vampire Academy Series)


I found this book when I was searching for something to read on-line. It seemed that it was everywhere and i thought I had to read it. The sad thing was that I couldn't find it in Mexico. English or Spanish there is no version in here. So, I got the pdf version and on I went. I was scared that I was going to find a book like the others I've been reading. Entertaining but not my cup of tea.
Well, it did not dissapoint me. I was into the book and now, the series.

Vampire Academy is the first of 6 books ( the 6th coming out on December 2010 and the last of the series). Written by Richelle Mead and published in 2007.

The book tells us the story of Rose and Lissa. Two girls that ran away from an academy that trains Moroi, Vampires that are alive and not sensitive to the sun, and Damphir, guardians to the Moroi that are half human and half vampire. They get caught by the guardians of the Academy and taken back to school. The most important thing in the book, and the real adventure, is to find out why did the girls ran away from school.

The story is narrated by Rose. However, we do get to have sympathy for Lissa through a bond that both Moroi (Lissa) and Damphir (Rose) have developed and that allows Rose to know everything about Lissa's feelings.

There's a problem with the story; it does not explains the difference between Moroi, Damphir and Strigoi and it takes a while to get used to it. However, once you are past that the story goes smoothly and of course you get into an amazing impossible love story between Rose and her mentor Dimitri.

This first book will leave you hooked and waiting for more because it really does not give you enough. The most amazing thing on the story is that you get to read a vampire book that does not involve vampire main characters and you still get all the rush of the world. There's a lot of action and magic involved and what makes it more amazing is that even though there is love story it does not rule the whole adventure.

I recommend the book, but I highly recommend the series because it will definately develope in a huge interest in any vampire fiction lover.

Have a Fangtastic Tale!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario